Thursday, June 18, 2009

From a distance.

We all did canvassing at good old Raffles Place on wednesday afternoon. Fortunately, the sun was merciful on us that very day, and it turned out to be one of the best weather to canvass in.
Guess that's one of the reason why the ppl at RP were really more polite than usual. haha.
It was quite a special moment for me and I believe, Bro-Ken too.
As I stood at a small little corner for my smoke-break, I look across the open-space that we canvass at and once again for the brief moment in time, I walked down the memory lane.
I vividly remembered a year ago, I stood at the same place where we all canvassed, alone, under the hot, cruel sun, amongst the herd of ppl going about their own business.
There wasn't anyone to share a smile or encouraging words with. All I had with me was a survey book, namecards and a few pennies to my name. Being the first agent in the agency, I had to do everything alone. Not that I am complaining, as it was my choice to join kenneth when I could join others. Poor brother had to push me on with a whip as I had really thick ego and pride for my hide.
It was also really painful forcing myself to continue to approach ppl without any external stimuli. Seeing the new ones canvassing under the kind supervison of Bro-ken, how i wish they knew how fortunate they are right now.
Even right now, I don't know or have yet to figure out how did i manage to survive. ok, not only survive but also picked up the skills required to obtain quality leads and subsequent closing. I really have no idea. And believe me, I am very very amazed/dumbfounded by it too.
haha!
I'm just glad that I made it through last yr, and am really happy to have a family that i can call my own right now.

2 comments:

  1. Actually Esther really poor thing wan ... hor kid?

    i noticed you lookin at wing , Kristy , Kristen , stephen , met , joanne , michelle and Joe and i couldn't help but notice you entering into a pensive mood .. that inward eye which resides simply in solitude ... hmm ... Rhymes... LOOL .

    But it's like JOhn's caption " times are tough .. but i'm, tougher " there's also this old adage i like to stick by as well ,
    " what doesn't kill you 'll only make you stronger "

    Look where your resilience has brought you ?? You're your kor's very first gal and already , a multiple award qualifier ... i remember your sorrow , the tears u gave for us as an agency and your envy , as Directors the likes of MR Alvis Thor , Grace Kong etc etc .. invited you to be seated with them on awards night and you stand witness to their cameraderie and unity .

    But i also remember our mutual promises to one another . How we will have all this ... and more come end of next year , 2009 .

    in the blink of an eye 2009 has arrived and has almost passed us by ... The aspirations , Directions remain . The Famille grows with each passin' month ... It's time once again for you to take hold of your destiny ,take control of your time , take charge of your life .. young one ... and be all that you can be .

    Enough Leeway for our young Siblings My Beloved E ... Lest you get left behind . Given your potential and all the greats you learn from ... You and Your family Deserves so much more than where you are now on the BOARD .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely come a long long way, Esther! Now you're like a big sister to your younger siblings. And many of them have benefitted from your generous sharing and mentoring and are on their way to becoming multiple award qualifiers too... not stopping at QC or QCE. I expect 2009 to be a PHENOMENAL year... for every single one of us. It's now the HALFWAY mark. Keep YOUR destination for 2009 in mind and go after it, just like the rest are doing... Esther, the stage is yours!

    ReplyDelete