Took my wounds more than 2 weeks to heal. It really seems that age is catching up on me. In 6 mths' time, it will be my 2nd anniversary in Prudential. Time flies. The phrase, 'Time and tide waits for no man', could not be more true than ever. Just 18 mths ago, I was a fresh newbie, so green that it hurts the eye to look. I knew nothing about work, I had nothing to my name and not even an image to the title Financial Consultant.
I had only one thing in mind - I want to make it. I WANT TO SUCCEED.
I didnt care the hows or when, I just WANT to succeed. To be somebody, to be THE Esther Nip. 2008 went by with a lot tears, pain, sweat and growth. Training under the LEGENDARY 'Devil' mentor, was akin to breaking my own bones and peeling my own skin to be REBORN. Wounds healed, transforming into a beautiful canvass that I'm proud of. Pride is a dangerous thing, a tricky monkey to handle. Let it round wild and BANG! you hit an enormous wall because pride took away your sight. Put it on a tight leash, there's no drive to excel and be outstanding.
Funny, I'm not proud of what I've achieved simply because I've failed to achieve my own personal goal. Yet, I'm proud of the pitfalls I've suffered as I've always managed to stand up no matter how battered I am. I was having my 'magic hour' with myself while traveling from Novena to City Hall today and a thought struck me right in the eye. People of our industry always hold super producers in awe not because of their scary success of bringing in sales, but because of the high volume of rejection they had to go through to reach the clients who say yes to them! I believe it's insulting to them to take it for granted that their sales are done with 100% closing ratio.
Likewise, our roadshow queen in La Famille, she must have gone through numerous rejections in order to get the 2 cases! KUDOS to you sister!! :)
Ok, enough of reflections and philosophical thinking... Geez, I feel so G**D**N old!!! Aiyo, talking as though I've been in this line for years already! (No offense to Boss and Ken!! YIKES!!) hahaha... Truth to be told, that's how life is for me, every single day, multiple things are happening simultaneously, many things to be done, many instructions and teachings must be set right, right from the start.For me, events that happen in a day are most probably a few days of someone who is not doing what I'm trying to do. As you can see I don't blog often but when I do, the updates are UBER L-O-N-G!
A very very warm (close to HOT! - no pun intended :P) welcome to our latest 2 additions to the family! It's just SO FUN to have more people in the team to do activities together!!! I'm very touched to see the numbers growing and there's more life in the office. Pardon my emotional comments, afterall, Lisa and I only had each other in the past.
Coaching and leading new peeps has been a great joy! (An exclusion to be noted.) Life's so much more fulfilling right now to the extent that 24 hrs a day aint enough anymore. Sales must not take a beating just because I have extra responsibilities. We don't accept reasons. *winks* Thank you kor, for being understanding thus far. This week has been really tiring as my day starts at 7am and ends after 12midnight not because I go clubbing (unfortunately NOT) but because the bulk of my clients needing to do OT has increased XX-fold. Other than attending meetings in the mornings, and appointments during the day and night, I'd join the rest to canvass whenever I have a free hour or 2. Likewise, in order to 'Do or Die', you can't neglect either pool of clients (refering to warm and cold markets).
This 2 weeks are gonna be CRAZY for me, and I'll ENJOY going crazy. To know what's up for the coming weeks, please catch the next entry! hehehe...
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

thanks for the WARM welsome :) it's a great family to be in.. :)
ReplyDelete